Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Out For A Ride Feeling Fine


Yesterday afternoon I stopped in at the local bike shop, Real Bikes, and found a replacement helmet. I donned my brand-spankn' new helmet, pumped the tires, and I was ready to roll today. I was feeling fine and looked forward to getting back to riding.  I figured resting a couple of days after my tumble that resulted in a concussion, was good, but I was anxious to get back on my bicycle.
Paul took today off to rest his shoulder, so Ed Grace and I took a shorter route and cut off about 20 miles of the official scheduled ride and ended up with 36 for the day. I felt fine, but I must say I was really watching those road cracks with an eagle eye the whole time. Did a lot of stopping, snapping photos of horticulture down here. Things are blooming all over the place. I don't know the names of the native plants.  Ed and I stopped in a little business section of Englewood to take a break and have some soup/coffee/sandwich. I've passed the "Mango Bistro" many times down here and have never had a chance to stop and eat. But today was the day to enjoy this unique and very delicious cafe.  Tonight: Left Coast Seafood Restaurant. Monday is all you can eat shrimp. We have the bikes loaded into the van ready to take off in the morning to drive over to Myakka State Park, 20 minutes from the motel. Beautiful place to visit and ride. I am blessed and so thankful I could get back on the bike again.
No idea when we will take our tandem out. Paul just doesn't feel that his arm is pain-free yet. He wants to wait just a while longer before taking Geezer Cruiser for the maiden ride. I am patiently waiting!

A group of tandem riders ready to start the ride

Riders gather out front of the Island Sun Inn waiting for the 9:00 AM start of this morning's ride.

Ed Grace - Taking a little rest along the route.

Sharks teeth are imbedded into the concrete sidewalk at a beach house area along Manasota Key.
Manasota beach is reknown for it's abundance of shark's teeth. Many people come every day and comb the beach for these. 

A zillion sharks teeth in the sidewalk.  Amazing.  All from the gulf beaches in this locale. My Trek Madone takes a little rest. . .






 
Ed joined me for eats at the Mango Bistro.  Excellent portabella sandwich.




No comments:

Post a Comment