Monday, January 21, 2013

Resting My Head While Being SAG wagon

The Florida liquid sunshine came down hard for about an hour this morning.  There were ten of us who headed north to Sarasota (19 miles) and by 8:45 it had stopped raining. It continued to rain in Venice, according to the riders who stayed and waited until nearly noon before they could get out on their bikes. On Longboat Key we parked at the Mote Aquarium parking lot and all except I got on their bikes and headed up Longboat Key and over to Anamaria Island.  I took a short jaunt through some stores in St Armand's, the fancy upscale shopping district, and had fun 'window shopping'.  I was still resting my head from the concusion that I got from the fall yesterday.  I did make it to a bike shop and got a replacement helmet.  I timed it just right and arrived at the Sand Bar Restaurant on the beach on Anamaria Island to join them for lunch.  Good fun, and plenty of sunshine all day.  I look forward to getting back on my bike for tomorrow's 57 mile ride. 
Here are a few photos from today:
Brother - in- law  Steve enjoying fun in the sun Florida 2013


Brothers: Paul and Steve

At the marina.  Looks like the boats were floating in the air during transport.

Team: John and Fran

Longboat Key from the Mote Aquarium: John S, Elaine, Paul, Steve, Gary W, Bob F, Rich A, John S, Fran.


Paul and Steve

Steve and his Blacken Grouper Sandwich at the Sand Bar Restaurant Anamaria Island, FL

Coconut Shrimp Salad.  Yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment